I googled “how to create content for your social media” and got 300 million hits. Here are a few links that appeared on page one:
- Who Cares? How to Create Helpful Social Media Content For Your ..
- Forget Social Media and Simply Create Content
- The Value of Creating a Customer-Centric Social Media Strategy …
- Social Media Marketing and Blogging
- Create a Social Networking Site
- HOW TO: create effective content for social media | b2bmarketing.net
- 7 Content Writing Tips For Your Social Media Strategy
- How To Create Emotionally Invigorating Social Media Content …
- Content the Foundation of your Social Media Marketing – Tips and Ta…
By comparison, there were only 6.4 million results for “how to deal with writers block,” a condition first described in 1947, way before the internet was conceived. But with 0.8 billion Facebook users, it’s not surprising that some would search for ideas and suggestions on how to go about it.
Community Managers for organizations wear many hats and appreciate the different dimensions of this problem:
- promoting the brand,
- addressing customer service issues,
- tracking reputation indicators,
- analyzing the competition, …
In addition, they are also asked to mentor/tutor affiliates who want to participate. They are not mini-me replicas of national but generally use social media to engage directly with their constituencies. They have a narrower focus, something the National Community Manager can not do from their vantage. While a national message might be “May is national fund drive,” affiliates would be more specific with “volunteers for our May campaign should contact Joe at 555.1212.”
National Community Managers should expect the mentoring portion of their growing responsibility to grow as more affiliates participate in social media, and again as affiliates ask for ideas and suggestions for local content.
The role of Community Manager continues to evolve.